Sunday, November 8, 2009

building the new greenhouse beds today


I'm so excited about my new greenhouse.
My imagination is running wild with visions of delicious salad greens in the winter-time and sweet, juicy tomatoes of all colours in the summer-time.
Here I am today, preparing my beds and creating a center pathway. I'm amazed at how different the climate is inside than outside....can't wait to grow stuff!!
In October, Brian Steele and his helper Bill installed this awesome 10' x 40' poytunnel in my garden (I wish I had thought to take pictures) and I'm SO happy about it! I think Brian has designed and fabricated the answer to the serious food gardeners' prayers with this wonderful polytunnel!
His website: www.steelgc.com
Soon I'll be seeding spinach, cilantro and lettuces.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Christina,
    I love your Blog! It is so informative and fun to read. I will be returning to see how your garden changes through out the Winter here on Mayne.

    ReplyDelete