Wednesday, January 27, 2010

weeding and seeding

Yesterday and today have been such nice days to go out and do some winter weeding.
A few days ago, I was talking with another gardener and we were wondering about what our worst gardening failures have been. I decided today that mine is: I never keep on top of the weeds because I don't hoe and weed enough and I don't mulch enough and ultimately I continue to let the weeds go to seed. Here's a nasty example of that! An entire bed taken over by unwanted herbage. The saying goes: "One year's seeding makes seven years' weeding." ....and unfortunately, I have found that to be oh so true.....this year, I'll work on becoming a better gardener by resolving to keep the weeds from going to seed!! It sounds simple now but come late spring into summer, I'll be challenged!

No comments:

Post a Comment