Friday, August 13, 2010

island flowers

Sometimes when I'm doing lots of flower arrangement projects or if there's a lull in the flower blooming in my garden, I like to get flowers from other farms and gardens on Mayne Island. This week, I was lucky enough to get lots of beautiful roses, zinnias and sunflowers from Brian and Michelle at Raylia Farm. Here's their farmstand at the end of Montrose Road. So sweet. Lots of yummy veggies and beautiful flowers here.

A lovely little table centerpiece I made with some of their beautiful roses and some of my lady's mantle.

and I used those same roses, zinnias, grasses, grapevine and fennel flowers to create this wildly beautiful garden arrangement. What a joy.

can't stop admiring those amazing roses!

and here's a natural and untamed late summer arrangement with Raylia sunflowers and my grapevine, fennel, grasses....

2 comments:

  1. you are a floral artist, Christina!
    your flower arrangements are always unique and speak of your artistry!
    I miss working in your garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the oh so nice comments Joanie, I miss having your help in my garden too!

    ReplyDelete