Wednesday, February 23, 2011

wedding planning

January and February seem to be busy planning months for folks who want to have a summer wedding on Mayne Island.  I've been receiving a few requests about flowers for weddings so I thought it would be a nice idea to post some photos and a bit of info for those who're interested in finding out about having some wedding flowers from Christina's Garden.
I focus on using beautiful Mayne Island garden flowers and foliage, grown naturally, in season!

Here's a bouquet waiting for the bride in it's vase.  A June wedding: peonies, roses, cockscomb celosia, white dill, lady's mantle, grasses,  stems wrapped in pretty green satin ribbon.....and here it is in action....

We deliver the bride's and bridesmaid's bouquets in glass vases to the bridal party's starting point.  All the corsages and boutonnieres are also delivered to wherever the client would like.

Many couples choose to have their Mayne Island ceremony on the grounds of the lighthouse alongside the beautiful view of Active Pass.  To help create the spot for their ceremony, this bride chose classical style urns planted with ornamental grasses, stuffed with cut flowers.  Pink and red rose petals from my garden sprinkled on the grass.  I have some contemporary style planters and containers available for those who prefer a more modern feel.  I also have other decorative ideas and things to help define the space, and am happy to consider any other ideas, just ask.  Here's a long view.....what a beautiful day for a wedding!

We deliver all urns, containers and arrangements to the ceremony and reception locations and in this case, we picked up the urns from the lighthouse after the ceremony and took them to the reception to decorate the spot there....double duty!

This bride liked the idea of a big bundle of cosmos flowers from the garden for her bouquet.  I like that idea too.  So joyful.  This is a late summer wedding.  Groom's boutonniere: cedar, hydrangea, echinacea, hops, all from my garden....

I love doing all the table centerpieces too.  This was an outdoor wedding at a private home on Mayne Island.  A quick snapshot I took and you can hardly see the centerpieces, but you get the idea....they looked great up close in real life!  Mid and late summer has lots of dahlias and zinnias in the garden.  They make a happy, colourful table centerpiece!

The vases can be rented and returned to me after the flowers are spent or some couples choose to buy the vases and give the arrangements away to their wedding guests.  They're so fresh and will stay nice for another week after the wedding fun.

Some arrangements sitting in my outdoor workshop, waiting for delivery.  
These were going to decorate the home of the parents of the groom of this wedding.  They live here on Mayne Island.  Many couples have their reception at the Community Center and I've done some nice arrangements to decorate that space for the festivities.  Unfortunately no pictures.  It looks like I'm often too busy with the flowers on wedding days to be taking photos but I see that I really must take some more snapshots this year so I have more images to show....
If you think you might like me to create your wedding flowers for you, email me or give me a call for lots more info.  Happy planning!

7 comments:

  1. Very beautiful flowers, adding beauty to the decor.
    Wedding planners in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding is not a day its an emotion for those who play any role in this event and our wedding planners know how to make these emotions memorable.
    Wedding Planner
    Foreva Events

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Amazing Blog Post !!! Thanks to shared your information,Its very useful for me keep updating. Wedding Caterers in Bangalore | Best Catering Services in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wedding flowers are one of the most important details of a wedding planning process. Recently, I came across with this free event planning software. I love it because you can easily collaborate with your vendors, hosts, photographers effortlessly. Also, thanks to its advanced VR technology, you can arrange and see your venue floor plans in virtual reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing... AYUSH WED, Best Wedding Planner in Bhubaneswar Odisha, india.

    ReplyDelete