Wednesday, September 29, 2010

apples!

Baskets full of apples are really just as decorative as flower bouquets...and maybe even more satisfying to admire at this time of year....these are "Spartans" and are so crispy and juicy right now.

'tis the season for apples and tree planting too...and there's nothing like a tree full of fruit and baskets full of it to capture my imagination and inspire me to plant another fruit tree....visions of dried apple rings, canned pie fillings, apple sauce, cider for the winter time....

A little bee in spring helping to pollinate the apple blossoms so we can have delicious apples in September and October.

The first apples we have every year come from this tree...unfortunately, I don't know the variety but they're delicious!...and when the tree blooms in the spring, it's just so beautiful.



So awesome to experience how those lovely little blooms turn into these beautiful big fruit in just a few short months...this was a delicious afternoon snack while I worked in the garden the other day.
I think perhaps I'll plant a couple pear trees next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment